Saturday 6 November 2010

An EPIC Award Finalist!

I was very surprised to be told that my modern romance, Hooked On You, was listed as a finalist for the 2011 EPIC Awards, as I thought the finalists had been announced last week and, as I hadn't heard anything, I assumed I didn't make it.
So you can imagine how I felt to be told I had actually been listed! This has made my day, night, week, month and year!!!!
Thank you to the first round judges, whoever you are!

The winners are announced next year at the EPICon.
EPICon, the annual conference hosted by EPIC, the Electronically Published Internet Connection, is the gathering place for authors, publishers and other industry professionals. We celebrate the best of the best with EPIC's eBook Awards, share the newest industry information and ideas, hone writing skills, and explore new markets. Don't miss this wonderful event! It will be held March 10-13, 2011 at the Williamsburg Woodlands Hotel and Suites at Historic Williamsburg, VA.

Two full days of workshops on the industry, tech, the business and the art of writing, promotion, and genres will be highlighted by EPIC's annual Business Meeting and the Keynote Luncheon on Friday and the New Voices luncheon and the gala EPIC's eBook Awards Banquet on Saturday. The pre-con kicks off with a bang with our Thursday evening mixer, and all conference attendees are invited to wind-down with the Sunday farewell breakfast. (Taken from the EPIC website)

So, as we say in Australia - 'Go you good thing!'

Hooked on You
blurb
Katie Edwards is 28, single, and living the life - or so she thinks. After leaving a groping boss, who enjoyed putting the personal in personal assistant, Katie lands a job as an assistant for Liam Kennedy, a sports freak.
She hates sports, and not only is Liam a sports fanatic, but he's good at everything. The last thing Katie expects is to fall in love. But he’s simply sex on wheels. And the longer they're working together, the more she wants him.
Working for a sexy man sounded fabulous, but she should have been careful what she wished for, because gorgeous employers are a hazard to the heart. Now, Katie’s in lust and he thinks she’s a dizzy chick who only knows how to party.
How can she be professional when all she wants is to hop into his bed?
Will he ever take her seriously enough to see how perfect they'd be for each other? Or is she doomed to be hooked on him forever?

Excerpt:
There comes a time in everyone’s life when they are faced with something that will push them past their limits of endurance.
Mine was this bloody hike.
Liam had said the climb had a slow, but steady rise. If that was so, then why did my lungs burn as though I was breathing fire? We had two very different ideas about what a “steady rise” actually was. Every muscle I had ached.
Actually, some muscles ached in parts of my body that shouldn’t have and it alarmed me as to why that area should be affected. I understand sore leg muscles, even the odd stitch, but I hurt.
Everywhere.
My arms ached, my chest ached, my neck and back. I was sure I needed hospitalisation and an oxygen tank on wheels beside me. For certain, if I was a smoker, I’d be dead.
But like the trooper I was, or being forced to be by my own vanity, I struggled on behind Liam. The only pleasant aspect about this whole effing hike was the view right in front of me—Liam’s backside.
He had a good body, there was no argument about that, but his bum, clad in old, comfortable jeans, hit the jackpot
for me. I focused on his bum to stop thinking about the pain racking my body and my laboured breathing.

Hooked On You is set in London, The Lake District and Cornwall.
Available from Amazon USA and UK and also The Book Depository which has free delivery worldwide.
 

1 comment:

Lindsay Townsend said...

Congratulations, Anne, and good luck!